WordPress - Building Your Own Website
- What is WordPress?
- What can WordPress do?
- WordPress supporting websites
- The WordPress interface
- The admin bar and previewing your site
- Working with the dashboard
- Customising the screens
- Content controls
- Site admin controls
- Getting help and support
Adding and Editing Content
- Planning your content
- Pages vs Posts
- Categories, sub categories and tags
- Adding and structuring pages
- Adding and structuring posts
- Basic look and feel changes
- Defining custom slug names
Basic Site Configuration
- Adding users and user roles
- Changing site structure and permalinks
- Changing other site settings
- Managing post and page comments
Working with Images
- Uploading images to the media library
- Inserting images into posts and pages
- Controlling image position
- Defining featured images
- Advanced image settings
- Adding a photo gallery
- Adding videos
Adding More Functions and Features
- What is a plug-in?
- Installing plug-ins
- Anti-spam tools
- Adding a light box to your photo galleries
- Adding a contact form
- Adding Google Analytics to your site
- Adding SEO tools
Customising the Look of your Site
- What is a theme?
- Changing visual theme settings
- Adding a custom banner
- Working with Widgets
- Controlling and customising menu bars
- Changing your theme
- Using a premium theme
Questions and Answers
SquareOne is among the UK’s leading providers of IT training & Consultancy to businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Our passion is to deliver flexible, inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity to unlock your hidden potential.
Delegates should have a good level of PC and windows skills, but do not need prior experience with WordPress.
This hands on full day workshop is aimed at non-technical web people, business owners, marketeers, entrepreneurs, directors and small business owners who are already running a WordPress web site or would like to build and/or run your own website using the world class WordPress platform.
- You will learn all the key controls and become very familiar with the WordPress interface and tools.
- You will understand how to organise, write and present your content in the most appropriate and powerful way.
- You'll be able to customise the look of your site and add important features and functions to make your site truly professional.
You will need your WordPress log in (for existing site owners) if you wish to use your own website for training, and a good stable internet connection.
Duration: 1 Day
Timings: 09:30 - 16:30
The subjects listed above are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course booking.