Windows 8 - Introduction
Getting to Know The Windows 8 Interface
- What is Windows 8?
- Starting Windows 8
- Using Touch Devices
- Exploring the Start Screen
- Using Search
- Adding and Changing User Accounts
Customising Windows 8
- Customising the Start Screen
- Removing Tiles from the Start Screen
- Resizing and Moving Tiles
- Customising Your Settings
- Personalising User Accounts
- Personalising the Desktop
- Customize the Taskbar
Using the Desktop
- Working with the Start Screen
- Using the Taskbar
- Managing Multiple Windows
- Creating Shortcuts
Working with Files and Folders
- Viewing Folders
- Opening Files and Folders
- Searching for Files and Folders
- Creating and Renaming Folders
- Moving, Copying, and Deleting Files
- Using the Recycle Bin
- Access and Identify the Charms
- Using the Built-In Apps
- Multitasking with Apps
Exploring Print Features
- Printing with Windows 8
- Adding a Printer
- Troubleshooting Printer Problems
Using Internet Explorer 10
- Navigating in Internet Explorer 10
- Browsing the web
Using Security Features
- Set privacy levels and passwords
- Use windows defender
- Store and share files with SkyDrive
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training solutions, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential whilst clients achieve their corporate goals.
This course is designed to assist Microsoft users gain an understanding of the Windows 8 environment. By the end of the course you will be able to navigate around the Windows 8 operating system with confidence. You will also understand how to customise the environment to your own personal requirements so that you can work quickly and efficiently.
This course can be delivered as classroom training, web training, a seminar, lunch and learn session, workshop or walkabout training
Our course timings are 09:30 - 16:30, however timings can be customised to meet your needs.
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your business needs.
This training is delivered as a closed course at your company's premises or at our training centre in Merseyside. We can provide a mobile IT classroom at any UK or European location, so no matter where you are based, SquareOne can come to you. We frequently deliver training in Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, London, Chester, Warrington, Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Bristol, Sheffield, Glasgow, Leatherhead and Aberdeen as well as in European countries such as France, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Ireland.
Below are a list of upcoming dates and locations where this course is scheduled to take place.