Windows 10 User Training
Introducing Windows 10
- Logging on to Windows 10
- Sleep, Shutdown and Restart
- Windows Help
- The Welcome Screen
- Locking the PC
New features of Windows 10
- Launching applications from the Start Menu
- Accessing apps and working with Windows Snap
- Pinning applications and Jump Lists
- Searching for applications, files and features
- Multitasking and switching applications
- Introduction to Action Centre, Settings and Control Panel
- Managing several desktops using Task View
- Setting up a Printer
- Switching to Tablet Mode and Vice Versa
- Using Touch Screen Controls in Windows 10
Working with Folders and Files
- Understanding Folder Structure including the User Folder
- Using the File Explorer Ribbon and Customising
- Navigating the device using the Address Bar and Breadcrumbs
- Working with Folders and Files
- Setting up Cortana
- Searching with Cortana
- Using voice commands in Cortana
- Introduction to Microsoft Edge
- Browsing and searching the Web
- Bookmarking sites and pages
- Using Reading List and Reading View
- Marking up a page using Web Notes
- Viewing and clearing Web History
Essential Settings and Customisation
- Screen resolution
- Adjust Audio Settings
- Customise the Desktop Wall Paper and other Visual details
- Sleep and Screensaver options
- Hardware Device Manager
- Creating Virtual Desktops
- Moving apps between desktops
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training & Consultancy to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our passion is to deliver flexible, inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity to unlock your hidden potential.
Who should attend?
This course is for users who are new to Windows 10 or moving from and earlier vision of windows and wish to find out what new feature Windows 10 has.
Delegates should have a good level of PC skills.
On this Windows 10 User Training course – you will learn how to use Windows 10 effectively and efficiently from the basics of logging on and off, to the new and improved features of Windows 10 including the new Start menu, Taskbar and Notification Area.
Working with multiple apps, you will learn how to switch between them, and how to run multiple apps side-by-side, as well as the brand new Virtual Desktops features of Windows 10.
One of the core features of Windows 10 is the new search tool Cortana, and a new browser Microsoft Edge. We will also explore and use the improved File Explorer to manage Folders and Files.
Duration: This course can be delivered as a half day classroom training session or a seminar.
The subjects listed above are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course.
Below are a list of upcoming dates and locations where this course is scheduled to take place.