Office 365 User Training - 2 day course
Microsoft Office 365 Introduction/Overview
- What is Office 365?
- Logging in and signing out
- Navigating around Office 365
- Creating and updating user settings and preferences
OneDrive Vs SharePoint
- OneDrive overview versus My Documents
- SharePoint overview versus Network Drives
Getting started with OneDrive
- Creating, Opening, Saving and Renaming Files
- Reading vs Editing views
- Using the Backstage view
- Online vs Desktop
- Launching Desktop versions
- Adding existing Files with Drag and Drop
- Adding Files with Upload
- Sort, Filter and Search
- Viewing Options
Managing Files in OneDrive
- Sharing Files
- Open Shared Files
- Collaborating (co-authoring)
- Stop Sharing
- Working Offline
- Syncing Files
- Creating URL Links for Files and Websites
Working with Teams
- Overview of Teams Creating Teams and Channels
- Joining existing Teams Mentions
- What are Tabs
- What are Apps
- Finding and working with Contacts
- Viewing and setting Presence status
- Creating Chat messages, Attachments, Sharing files and options
- Adding Contacts and setting Groups
- Screen Sharing and giving/taking back control
- Integration of Teams with Outlook
- Presenting with Teams/Screen Sharing
Overview of SharePoint Online
- Accessing SharePoint Online
- Understanding the user roles and permissions within SharePoint
- Exploring a SharePoint Site
- Standard and Classic View
- Navigation vs. Search
- Site Contents view
- Pinned Files, Recommended and Delve
- Recycle Bin
Working with Document Libraries
- Document Library vs. Network Drive
- Working with Document Libraries
- Uploading documents
- View in File Explorer
- Creating new Documents
- Editing documents with applications
- Editing documents in the browser
- Check Out/In
- Managing and organising documents
List and Library Views
- Sorting, filtering and grouping
- Accessing Views
- Create a Personal View
Working with Document Versioning
Draft and Publish versioning
Content approval overview
- What is a SharePoint app?
- Add SharePoint apps
- Working with Lists
- Creating Lists
- Connect Lists to Outlook
- Introduction to Custom Lists
Security and Alerts
- Checking access
- Understanding security and sharing
- Create an Alert on a document
- Create an Alert on a library
- Create an Alert on a View
- Managing Alerts
- Connect information to Outlook
- Check out / check in a document
- Sync a SharePoint Library
- Document Collaboration and co-authoring
What is OneNote
Online Digital Notebook for collaboration of notes, ideas, minutes etc.
What is Yammer
Yammer is a private platform for enterprise social networking.
What is Delve
Office Delve and Office Graph “helps you discover the information that's likely to be most interesting to you right now - across Office 365.
What is Flow
Automate business processes such as document control approval and alerts.
What is Sway
Gather, format, and share reports, newsletters, web pages, and presentations on an interactive, web-based canvas.
What is Planner
Create new plans, assign tasks, and share files with others in a visual way
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training solutions, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential whilst clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at non-technical end users who will be required to use Office 365 on a daily basis. You will learn how to use the tools already setup for you by your IT team to gain confidence with working online.
Delegates who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the individual applications in Office 365 should attend the appropriate application specific courses such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and Access training as these are not covered on this course, only how to collaborate online.
Delegates should have a good level of PC and windows skills, and a basic knowledge of MS Office.
During this course you will learn how to use Microsoft Office 365 Web Apps, Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint. You will also gain a good understanding of how to collaborate on documents and share knowledge across the Office 365 Platform.
This course can be customised to incorporate other features of Office 365.
2 Day Course
Our course timings are 09:30 - 16:30, however timings can be customised to meet your needs.
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your business needs.
Our open classroom courses are held in Merseyside where we have state of the art training facilities. We also provide in-house training solutions at any office location in the UK or Europe. We frequently deliver training in Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, London, Chester, Warrington, Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Bristol, Sheffield, Glasgow, Leatherhead, Aberdeen and Ireland.
Closed courses can also be delivered in European countries such as Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, France, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and off shore.... Either in English or local languages
Below are a list of upcoming dates and locations where this course is scheduled to take place.