Google Sheets Essentials
Category: Google Sheets
- Introduction to the Sheets Interface
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Introduction to Google Drive
- Recap on everyday formulae
- Using Relative and Absolute Cell References in Calculations
- Formatting Worksheet Data/Using Cell Design
- Managing Worksheets: Inserting, Deleting, Renaming, and Move/Copy
- Freezing or Splitting Panes
- Hiding Rows/Columns
- Trim, Left, Right and editing shortcuts
- Setting up the Printing Range and options
Creating Advanced Functions
- Creating and Applying Names in a Worksheet
- Using the IF Function
- Introduction to Nesting Functions
- VLOOKUP Functions
Advanced Functions continued
- Summary-Based Functions: SUMIF(S), COUNTIF(S), and AVERAGEIF(S)
- Using the IFERROR Function
List/Pivot Table Essentials & Charting
- Overview of List Design
- Single and Multi-Level Sorting
- Filtering Records in a List
- Custom Filter Views
- Inserting Data Charts
- Formatting and Editing Chart Elements
- Adding/Removing Data from a Chart
- Inserting Sparkline
- Creating Pivot Tables from Lists
- Filtering within Pivot Tables
- Working with Pivot Charts
Google Sheets overview training
- Managing Sharing and Permissions
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training courses, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realize their full potential while clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who uses spreadsheets on a daily basis but wants formal training to convert and develop their knowledge to Google Sheets.
The course will teach you some of the essential features of Google Sheets and how they can be used to work together in an interactive and graphical way.
Duration: 1 Day Classroom Training or Online
Timings: 09:30 - 16:30
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course.
Our lead training centre is located in Birkenhead, Merseyside, where we have state of the art training facilities. We also have a number of training venues throughout the North West, covering Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, North Wales, Lancashire and Staffordshire.
Alternatively, we can come to your business bringing with us our mobile IT classroom. We can deliver this kind of training anywhere in the UK and Europe.
Where We Have Trained
SquareOne have delivered training solutions throughout the UK in locations such as London, Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Edinburgh and Belfast. We have also trained at international locations such as France, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia and USA.
Training has been delivered to a diverse range of industries including oil and gas, agriculture, automobile manufacture, food production, the arts and finance.
Below are a list of upcoming dates and locations where this course is scheduled to take place.