Excel - PowerPivots
Introduction to PowerPivot
- PowerPivot Overview of terms and concepts
- What is Business Intelligence (BI)?
- Excel limitations
- Classic Excel PivotTables vs PivotTables in PowerPivot
Connecting to Single Table Data Sources
- Connecting to Different Sources
- Pasting Data into a PowerPivot
- Overview of Results
- Importing Data from Excel and SharePoint Lists to PowerPivot
Working with Multiple Table Data Sources
- Importing Data from Data Feeds into PowerPivot
- Managing Data in a PowerPivot Window
- Excel (Linked Tables) as a Data Source
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Create a Calculated Column to Measure Results
- AutoSum Measures
- User Created Measures
- Working with Dates in a PowerPivot Environment
- Creating Dashboards
Working with Slicers
- Adding Slicers to the PowerPivot – comparisons between PowerPivot Slices and Excel Slicer
- Adding a Timeline to a PivotTable/Chart
The Diagram View
- The Diagram View in PowerPivot
- Managing Relationships and Tables in the Diagram View
- Working with Hierarchies
Working with DAX (Data Analysis Expressions)
- Sample DAX Functions
- Writing DAX Functions
- Time Intelligent Functions
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training & Consultancy to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our passion is to deliver flexible, inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity to unlock your hidden potential.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all Excel Power Users and BI Consultants/Developer who wish to use Excel to become proficient with PowerPivot and have the necessary skills to implement PowerPivot applications and perform data analysis using real scenarios.
Delegates who are either experienced Excel/Power BI users and who use normal Pivot tables or people who have attended your Excel Level2 and 3 courses
Duration: 1 Day Classroom Training or Online
Timings: 09:30 - 16:30
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course.
Below are a list of upcoming dates and locations where this course is scheduled to take place.