Excel - Level 1
Getting started with Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to Excel
- Navigating the Excel Screen and Ribbon
- Tips and Tricks for Selection and Movement around the screen
- Creating and Saving Workbooks
- Opening Workbooks
Data Input and Selection
- Typing and Formatting for Text, Dates and Numbers
- Selecting Cells, Rows and Columns using the Mouse and Keyboard shortcuts
- Using the Sum, Average, Min, Max, Count Functions
- Understanding and working with the Function Wizard
Working with Dates
- Date Calculations
- Formatting Dates
Copying and Moving Data/Formulae
- Using Cut, Copy and Paste
- Drag and Drop
- Copy and Drop
- Adding Rows and Columns
- Sizing Rows and Columns
- Hiding/Unhiding Rows and Columns
- Working with Fonts, Sizes and Colours
- Adding Borders and Fill Colour to Cells
- Aligning the Content of a Cell
- Applying Number Formatting
- Using the Format Painter
- Merge and Unmerge Cells
Working with Large Worksheets
- Freezing Panes
- Working with Split Pane View
- Using Print Preview
- Setting the Print Range
- Sizing Spreadsheets to Fit
- Working with Margins, Headers and Footers and other useful print settings
- Creating new Sheets
- Colouring Sheet Tabs
- Navigating Sheets
- Deleting Sheets
Charts and Graphs
- Creating Charts and Graphs alongside data
- Creating Charts and Graphs on a new sheet
- Changing the Chart Types
- Basic Formatting of Charts and Graphs
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training solutions, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential whilst clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for people who are self taught or have little to no experience of using Microsoft Excel who wish to get more confident within the package.
Delegates will need to be familiar with using personal computers and should have experience using a keyboard and mouse. We would expect delegates to know how to: launch and close applications, navigate, save and open files.
At the end of this course you will feel more confident in creating spreadsheets with everyday calculations. You will know how to format and print spreadsheets, and how to create charts.
Often, self-taught users miss out on the essential features and time saving shortcuts which are covered during this course.
Duration: 1 Day
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your business needs.
Our open classroom courses are held in Merseyside where we have state of the art training facilities. We also provide in-house training solutions at any office location in the UK or Europe. We frequently deliver training in Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, London, Chester, Warrington, Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Bristol, Sheffield, Glasgow, Leatherhead, Aberdeen and Ireland.
Closed courses can also be delivered in European countries such as Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, France, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and off shore.... Either in English or local languages
We offer training solutions for all versions of Excel - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.