Crystal Reports Training Course Level 1
Working with Reports
- Defining the purpose of a Report
- Creating a Report
- Formatting Reports
- Display Specific Report Data
- Work with Report Sections
Formulas in Reports
- Creation and editing Formulae
- Filtering Data with the Select Expert
- Using Formula to Filter Data
- Viewing and Editing the Select Formula
- Advanced Formulas and Functions
- Working with Null Values
- Case Sensitive vs Case Insensitive Searching
- Create a Parameter Field
- Use a Range Parameter in a Report
- Create a Prompt
Grouping Report Data
- Group and Modify a Group Report
- Group by Using Parameters
- Create a Parameterised Top Report
- Create Multiple Groups
- Summarising Groups
Enhancing a Report
- Format a Report
- Insert Objects in a Report
- Suppress Report Sections
- Use Report Templates
Combining Multiple Tables
- Understanding Tables, Records, and Fields
- Learning About Linking
- Adding Multiple Tables to a Report
Creating a Report from Excel Data
- Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data
- Create Summary Reports and Charts
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training solutions individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential whilst clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for users who need output from a data source where the build in reporting is limited or can not be modified by the end user. In this course, you will create a basic report by connecting to a database and modifying its presentation using Crystal Report..
Delegates should have a good level of PC and windows skills, but do not need prior experience with Crystal Reports. A knowledge of Databases or SQL would be desirable.
This course will Explore the Crystal Reports interface, create a basic report and modify it, use formulas to calculate and filter data, build a parameterised report, group report data, enhance a report, create a report using data sourced from an Excel database and distribute data.
Our course timings are 09:30 - 16:30.
At the end of this course you will be able to: Explore the Crystal Reports interface, create a basic report and modify it, use formulas to calculate and filter data, build a parameterised report, group report data, enhance a report, create a report using data sourced from an Excel database and distribute data.
This course is offered as a closed course at your office only. Please see our Training locations below for where we train.
Our open classroom courses are held in Birkenhead on the Wirral which is 5 minutes from the Merseyside tunnel. We also provide in-house training solutions at any office location in the UK or Europe. We frequently deliver training in Liverpool, Blackpool, Manchester, London, Chester, Warrington, Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Bristol, Sheffield, Glasgow, Leatherhead and Aberdeen as well as in European countries such as France, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Ireland.