AutoCAD Map 3D
Creating Map Geometry & Objects
- Tracking coordinates
- Working with the Coordinate Geometry (COGO) feature
- Drawing cleanup tools
- Using feature classification
- Including raster images with your map
Linking and Managing Data
- Understanding the underlying data that controls your map objects
- Controlling the display of your map data for analysis and reporting
- Link and manage attribute data
- Working with annotation
- Working with external databases
- Importing data into AutoCAD Map 3D
Working with Source Data
- Access attached drawings at the source level
- Edit, analyse, report, and create new drawings from existing data
- Combine large numbers of source drawings into a single mapping system
Using the Display Manager
- Create, edit and manage display styles
- Change display order
- Control view scales
Working with Civil Objects
- Understand and use civil functions in AutoCAD Map 3D
- Performing high resolution land planning and analysis
- Working with civil points and surfaces
- Plot of a collection of maps of a large area as a series of contiguous sheets
- Automating the plotting process
Topology and Spatial Analysis
- Setting up a geographic relationship between drawing objects
- Carry out advanced analysis of your mapping data
- Conducting network tracing – shortest path routes, best route analysis, flood traces
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training courses, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential while clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
GIS managers and specialists, mapping technicians, planners and facilities/infrastructure management and designers who wish to create, maintain and produce maps and analysis data.
After completion you will know how to:
- Acquire mapping data from a variety of sources.
- Clean data to suit the needs of your GIS project.
- Create mapping data specific to your project.
- Edit data using advanced map editing techniques
- Work in an enterprise wide multiple map/user environment
- Produce reports and thematic maps.
Duration: 2 Days
Timings: 09:30 - 16:30
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course.
Our lead training centre is located in Birkenhead, Merseyside, where we have state of the art training facilities. We also have a number of training venues throughout the North West, covering Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, North Wales, Lancashire and Staffordshire.
Alternatively, we can come to your business bringing with us our mobile IT classroom. We can deliver this kind of training anywhere in the UK and Europe.
Where We Have Trained
SquareOne have delivered training solutions throughout the UK in locations such as London, Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Edinburgh and Belfast. We have also trained at international locations such as France, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia and USA.
Training has been delivered to a diverse range of industries including oil and gas, agriculture, automobile manufacture, food production, the arts and finance.
Below are a list of upcoming dates and locations where this course is scheduled to take place.