AutoCAD for MicroStation Users
- Communicating with AutoCAD
- Understanding the AutoCAD user interface
- Getting out of trouble
- Options for starting a drawing
- Managing drawing files
Viewing a Drawing
- Time-saving display tools
- Heads-up display for greater speed and accuracy
Basic Drafting Tools
- Working with AutoCAD’s object snap options
Creating and Editing 2D Geometry
- Creating lines, circles, and arcs in AutoCAD
- Erasing, moving, copying, scaling, and rotating objects
- Using grips for better editing
Managing Object Properties
- Organising drawing geometry using layers
- Working with different linetypes
- Options for changing object properties
Basic Drawing Techniques
- Understanding the best use of AutoCAD editing commands to make objects parallel, longer, repeat, or symmetrical
- Trim unwanted segments, round object corners Creating orthographic views
Blocks vs. Cells
- AutoCAD blocks – a more flexible approach to grouping objects
- Use blocks as internal or external objects
- Editing blocks in place
- Editing text and dimensions on the fly
- Quick dimensions
Working with Layouts
- Creating sheets for plotting
- Using viewports
- Setting layouts to plot to scale
Improving Drawing Appearance
- How to use hatch patterns to represent different parts or materials
- Editing and previewing hatch patterns
Getting Your Drawings Out
- Plotting options, controlling plotting scale
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training courses, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential while clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
Experienced users of AutoCAD who wish to use AutoCAD for 3D design work.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the AutoCAD environment.
- Effectively move around a drawing, controlling AutoCAD's display.
- Use AutoCAD's drafting tools for creating 2D geomerty.
- Understand the differences between layers and blocks vs levels and cells - how to organise information in your AutoCAD drawing.
- Utilise time - saving tips and tricks for AutoCAD text and dimensions.
Duration: 2 Days
Timings: 09:30 - 16:30
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course.
Our lead training centre is located in Birkenhead, Merseyside, where we have state of the art training facilities. We also have a number of training venues throughout the North West, covering Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, North Wales, Lancashire and Staffordshire.
Alternatively, we can come to your business bringing with us our mobile IT classroom. We can deliver this kind of training anywhere in the UK and Europe.
Where We Have Trained
SquareOne have delivered training solutions throughout the UK in locations such as London, Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Edinburgh and Belfast. We have also trained at international locations such as France, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia and USA.
Training has been delivered to a diverse range of industries including oil and gas, agriculture, automobile manufacture, food production, the arts and finance.
Below are a list of upcoming dates and locations where this course is scheduled to take place.