3DS Max - Fundamentals
- Navigate the interface
- Set preferences and the project folder
- Configure paths
- Control and configure viewport display
- Object selection methods and units setup
Basic Modelling Techniques
- Create 2D and 3D geometric objects
- Apply transforms
- Model with coordinate systems
- Clone, group and poly Model
- Create 3D models from 2D objects
- Use lathe modifier, 2D Booleans, extrude modifier, and sweep modifier
Assembling Project Files
- Link and import files, link to an AutoCAD DWG, link to a Revit file
- The material editor, materials and maps
- Creating a material library
- Mapping materials to geometry Mental ray materials
Mapping Coordinates and Scale
- Introduction to Lighting
- Local vs. global illumination
- Standard lighting
- Shadow types
- Photometric light objects
- Exposure control
- Daytime lighting
- Conduct a lighting analysis
Mental Ray Rendering
- Mental ray interior rendering
- Controlling mental ray quality and speed
- Adding a sky portal for interior lighting from daylight
Rendering and Cameras
- Camera types, parameters, effects and composition
- Rendering options and presets
- Background images
- Rendering to the cloud with Autodesk 360
- Animation and time controls
- Walkthrough animation using turntables and keyframes Create a shadow study animation
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training courses, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential while clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
Design professionals who need to produce rendering and animations with 3DS Max
After completion you will be able to:
- Create and modify basic 2D and 3D objects.
- Maximise efficiency through correct scene organisation.
- Create your own materials and build your own material library.
- Understand lighting application in real scenarios.
- Create dynamic compositions using static and moving cameras and renders.
Duration: 3 Days
Timings: 09:30 - 16:30
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course.
Our lead training centre is located in Birkenhead, Merseyside, where we have state of the art training facilities. We also have a number of training venues throughout the North West, covering Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, North Wales, Lancashire and Staffordshire.
Alternatively, we can come to your business bringing with us our mobile IT classroom. We can deliver this kind of training anywhere in the UK and Europe.
Where We Have Trained
SquareOne have delivered training solutions throughout the UK in locations such as London, Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Edinburgh and Belfast. We have also trained at international locations such as France, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia and USA.
Training has been delivered to a diverse range of industries including oil and gas, agriculture, automobile manufacture, food production, the arts and finance.
Below are a list of upcoming dates and locations where this course is scheduled to take place.