Revit Architecture Essentials
Introduction to BIM and Autodesk Revit
- Understand how BIM has changed how a building is planned, designed, and constructed
- Introduction to the Revit user interface
- Views, cameras, line weights
- Best techniques for selecting / manipulating / hiding objects
- Best methods for creating and organising new views
- Learn the right way to create a new project – what to do first, second, etc. – and avoid mistakes later on
Editing in Revit
- Use copy, align, move, mirror, trim, offset and fillet tools
- Setting Up Grids and Levels
- Revit Modelling Techniques
- Discussion of Revit modelling techniques – pros and cons
- Create your own wall type to see how Revit works
- Create basic foundations to improve level of detail for sections and details
- Create a section and modify how it looks
- Use the technique of aligning model elements to different floors to avoid repetitive tasks and ensure accuracy
Developing Your Model
- Create internal walls, dealing with internal wall issues
- Sketch and modify floor boundaries
- Create vertical openings in intermediate floors
- Insert doors and windows in walls
- Create additional door and window sizes of a certain type
Working with Roofs
- Learn different methods for creating roofs, from simple pitched to bespoke commercial
- Two types of tools for creating staircases
- Create a staircase that meets building regulations in just 4 clicks
- Use a 3D box section to check your staircase & identify problems
- Add ceilings and bulkheads by selecting a room boundary or by sketch
- Add ceiling components, including lighting and fixtures
- Adding Components
- Add simple furniture, understand families and hosted families
Tags & Schedules Overview
- Why schedules in Revit are 100% accurate
- Set up detail views and add detail components
- Create filled regions
- Create a detail based on a section callout
- Creating Construction Documents
- Add sheets with title blocks and project views
Annotating Construction Documents
- Options for adding and modifying dimensions
- Add text notes to views and sheets
- Add detail lines and symbols to clarify design intent
- Create legends
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training courses, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential while clients achieve their corporate goals.
This course has been designed for professionals who wish to learn how to produce architectural models and project using AutoDesk Revit Software.
After completing this course you will be able to:
Understand Revit’s interface and terminology, set up and begin a project, create a model using architectural components, create and modify roofs, stairs and railings, dynamic drawing schedules, detail your model using call out and drafting views and understand project collaboration.
Pre-requisites: Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and architectural design and drafting concepts.
Duration: 2 Days
Timings: 09:30 - 16:30
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course.
This training is delivered as a closed course at your company's premises. We can bring our mobile IT classroom to any UK or European location, so no matter where you are based, SquareOne can come to you.
Where We Have Trained
SquareOne have delivered training solutions throughout the UK in locations such as London, Liverpool, Wirral, Merseyside, Blackpool, Manchester, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Edinburgh and Belfast. We have also trained at international locations such as Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia and USA.
Training has been delivered to a diverse range of industries including oil and gas, agriculture, automobile manufacture, food production, the arts and finance.