Excel - VBA Introduction
- Recording a Simple Macro, Running a Recorded Macro, Relative Recording, Running a Relative Recording, Viewing the Module, Modifying a Recorded Macro
- Recorder Workshop
- Creating a Recorded Application, Examining The Data, Recording a Summation Macro, Recording An Averaging Macro, Recording The Maximum Macro, Recording The Minimum Macro, Recording Divisional Macros, Testing Macros, Creating Objects To Run Macros, Assigning a Macro To An Object
- Creating a User Defined Function, Using a User Defined Function, Creating another Function, Passing Multiple Arguments, Modifying a Function, Creating a Function Library
Using the VBA Editor
- Opening & Closing The Editor, Working With The Project Explorer, Working With The Properties Window, Using The Work Area, Working With a Code Module, Running Procedures From The Editor, Setting Break Points In The Editor, Stepping Through a Procedure
- Using the Immediate Window, Working With Object Collections, Setting Property Values, Working With Worksheets, Using the Object Browser, Programming With the Object Browser
- Creating a Command Procedure, Making Sense of IntelliSense, Using the Edit Toolbar, Commenting Statements, Indenting Text, Bookmarking In Procedures
Using Excel Objects
- The Excel Object Model, Splitting the Screen, Using Workbook Objects, Using Worksheet Objects, Using Range Objects, Using Objects in a Procedure
- Creating & Using Variables, Implicit & Explicit Declarations, The Scope Of Variables, Procedure Level Scoping, Module Level Scoping, Public Scoping Of Variables, Passing Variables By Reference, Passing Variables By Value, Avoiding Variant Data Types, Using Arrays
- Programming Conventions, Communicating With The User, Prompting For User Input, Using The Input Method, Using IF To Make Decisions, Testing For Multiple Conditions, Looping a Fixed Number Of Times, Looping a Specified Number Of Times, Looping An Unknown Number Of Times
Creating Custom Forms
- Creating a Custom Form, Changing The Form Properties, Adding Text Boxes To The Form, Moving Controls, Adding Label Controls To The Form, Changing Text Box Control Properties, Changing Label Control Properties, Adding a Combo Box, Adding Option Buttons, Adding Command Buttons, Running a Form
Programming Custom Forms
- Initialising the Form, Closing The Form, Updating The List, Creating Error Checking Procedures, Running a Form From a Procedure
- Creating a New Menu, Creating a Cascade Menu, Adding Menu Commands, Assigning Macros To Menu Commands, Removing a Menu
- Automatic Startup
- Consolidating Worksheets by Category or by Position
- Programming Automatic Events, Running Automatic Procedures, Automatically Starting The Workbook
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training solutions, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realise their full potential whilst clients achieve their corporate goals.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for advanced users of Microsoft Excel. If they are responsible for very large and variable amounts of data, or teams, who need to learn how to program features and functions to develop the accessibility and usability of their data.
Whilst you do not have to have prior knowledge of recording Macros or working in VBA, it is recommended that delegates are experienced users of Excel, and would of ideally of attended a Level 3/Advanced course or be self taught to a high level.
Microsoft Excel VBA 2 day course will provide you with the skills necessary to develop macros, format worksheets, create user-interactive macros, work with multiple worksheets, and perform calculations to help you automate everyday tasks.
Duration: 2 Days
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your business needs.
Our open classroom courses are held in Merseyside where we have state of the art training facilities. We also provide in-house training solutions at any office location in the UK or Europe. We frequently deliver training in Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, London, Chester, Warrington, Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Bristol, Sheffield, Glasgow, Leatherhead, Aberdeen and Ireland.
Closed courses can also be delivered in European countries such as Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, France, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and off shore.... Either in English or local languages.
We offer training solutions for all versions of Excel - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. For the Mac 2011 and 2016 (Office 365 for the Mac).