AutoCAD Essentials: Foundation (Level 1)
The following items are covered during the AutoCAD Essentials: Foundation (Level 1) course:
- Communicating with AutoCAD
- Understanding the AutoCAD user interface
- Getting out of trouble
- Options for starting a drawing
- Managing drawing files
Viewing a Drawing
- Understanding drawing scale in AutoCAD
- Moving around a drawing in “real time”
- Time-saving display tools
Basic Drafting Tools
- Using different coordinate systems in CAD
- Using object snaps to control accuracy
- Saving time with running osnaps
- Your electronic T-square
Creating and Editing 2D Geometry
- Creating lines, circles, and arcs in AutoCAD
- Erasing, moving, copying, scaling, and rotating objects
- Using grips for better editing
Managing Object Properties
- Adding windows
- Organising drawing geometry using layers
- Working with different linetypes
- Options for changing object properties
Basic Drawing Techniques
- Using AutoCAD to make objects parallel, longer, repeat, or symmetrical
- Trim unwanted segments, round object corners Creating orthographic views
Saving Time with Blocks
Draw something once and use it many times over
Using a library of drawing components
Using components from other drawings
Use single and multiline text
Learning dimension techniques
Dimensioning angles, arcs and circles
Working with Layouts
Creating sheets for plotting
Setting layouts to plot to scale
Improving Drawing Appearance
How to use hatch patterns to represent different parts or materials
Getting Your Drawings Out
Plotting options, controlling plotting scale
SquareOne is among the UK's leading providers of IT training to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our company pledge is to deliver inspiring, motivational and cost effective training which brings about tangible improvements in productivity. Through our training courses, individuals are able to gain lifelong skills and realize their full potential while clients achieve their corporate goals.
This course is designed for new users of AutoCAD or AutoCAD Light. No previous CAD experience is necessary, although drafting, design or engineering experience would be an advantage. During this course you will learn the features, commands and techniques for creating, editing, dimensioning, annotating and printing accurate AutoCAD drawings via face to face teaching and hands-on exercises.
Duration: 3 Days
Timings: 09:30 - 16:30
The subjects listed on the left are an outline. If there are any additional subjects you wish to cover, please feel free to call us prior to the course.
Our lead training centre is located in Birkenhead, Merseyside, where we have state of the art training facilities. We also have a number of training venues throughout the North West, covering Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, North Wales, Lancashire and Staffordshire.
Alternatively, we can come to your business bringing with us our mobile IT classroom. We can deliver this kind of training anywhere in the UK and Europe.
Where We Have Trained
SquareOne have delivered training solutions throughout the UK in locations such as London, Liverpool, Wirral, Blackpool, Manchester, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Edinburgh and Belfast. We have also trained at international locations such as France, Germany, Switzerland, Scandinavia and USA.
Training has been delivered to a diverse range of industries including oil and gas, agriculture, automobile manufacture, food production, the arts and finance.